The dive sites are always located close to the coast which allows snorkellers to stay swimming in shallow waters and to be able to observe the bottom and marine life. The current is usually nonexistent or very weak and the areas where we go according to the weather conditions are protected from wind and vawes.
Anyone can join divers on a boat trip, snorkel above their bubbles and enjoy the warm crystal clear water and the beautiful aquatic life.
So why not join in and go snorkelling? Approximately 50 minutes in the sea.
We can also organize snorkelling excursions by boat with family or friends if you wish.
This is an ideal family activity for both the young and the old. The boat will take you to Spinalonga Island or Elounda Bay and then stop for a swim or snorkel in Kolokitha or Krio Bay.
These safe warm waters will provide an ideal opportunity to relax and experience the beautiful scenery above and below the water.
Minimum: 2 hours excursion. Minimum 4 people.
Both events include all the equipment (mask, snorkel, fins, wet suit and life jacket) plus boat cover – just in case someone needs a rest.
What is Freediving?
Freediving is any form of breath-hold diving without the use of a breathing apparatus. Freediving is about inward power, discipline and control. If you've always wanted to enter the underwater world quietly, on your own terms, staying as long as your breath allows, then freediving is for you. Taking the PADI Freediver course is your first step toward discovering why freediving is becoming a popular way to explore beneath the waves.
Are you intrested into the world of freediving ? Forget everything you knew about diving and immerse yourself in a new world.
Discover freediving is an introduction designed to provide the necessary tools to begin your trip in breath-hold diving.
After the briefing, we will start with breathing techniques and then move to confined water. Then we will combine the breathing and relaxation techniques to prolong our stay underwater. You will be very surprised about what you are able to do. After that, we will learn how to equalize the pressure and we will start diving deeper. In the end of the course you will be able to dive while holding your breath. swim in a efficient way under the surface and equalize the pressure as you go deeper (maximum 5 meters).
You can complete this experience in about 2 hours and change your life.
To enroll in a discover freediving experience, you must be at least 8 years old. You need adequate swimming skills and comfort in the water. No prior experience is required.
PADI Basic Freediver course
The PADI Basic Freediver course is a subset of the PADI Freediver course. It's a great first step for developing solid freediving skills. You learn basic freediving principles and focus on practicing breathhold techniques in a pool or confined water site. There are no Open Water sessions, but allows for those between 12 and 15 to start the PADI Freediver process.
The PADI Basic Freediver course consists of two main phases:
•The knowledge development starts with independent study through the PADI e-learning Freediver Touch which focuses on introducing the diver to freediving principles. This is reinforced with a 2 hours theory session with your instructor that covers equipment, technique, and safety.
•The confined water session takes place in front of the dive center. During this period, you will learn breathhold techniques that apply to static and dynamic apnea. Goal - static apnea of 90 seconds and dynamic apnea of 25 metres/80 feet. We end the day with proper finning and entry techniques and an introduction to safety procedures.
PADI Freediver Touch Course Manual and be 12 years old or older. You need adequate swimming skill and need to be in good physical health. No prior experience is required.
PADI Freediver course
The PADI Freediver course consists of three main phases:
• The knowledge development starts with independent study through the PADI Freediver Touch which focuses on:
• Introducing the diver to freediving principles. This is reinforced with a 2/3 hours theory session with your instructor that covers equipment, technique, and safety.
• The confined water session takes place in front of the dive center. During this period, you will learn breathhold techniques that apply to static and dynamic apnea. Goal - static apnea of 90 seconds and dynamic apnea of 25 metres/80 feet. We end the day with proper finning and entry techniques and an introduction to safety procedures.
• The class concludes with the open water sessions to practice free immersion and constant weight freedives, plus proper buddy procedures. Goal - The first dive session has a constant weight freedive goal of 10 meters/30 feet. The second session has a constant weight freedive limit of 16 meters/52.5 feet.
PADI Freediver Touch Course Manual and be at least 15 years old. You need adequate swimming skills and need to be in good physical health. No prior experience is required.
Welcome to PADI Advanced Freediving course!!
Achieving a new freediving time or reaching a new depth is an incredible feeling. It satisfies that very personal desire to do your best and be proud of what you can accomplish. The PADI Advanced Freediver course is designed to fulfill that personal need to refine and improve your freediving skills, allowing you to progress slowly while learning how your body performs during apnea.
The PADI Advanced Freediver course consists of three main phases:
• 2 hours of Knowledge development about advanced freediving techniques and equipment. You will study independently using the PADI e-learning Freediver Touch.
• 3/4 hours for the Confined water session to learn stretching and relaxation techniques as well as refine static and dynamic apnea. Goal - static apnea of 2 minutes, 30 seconds (2 minutes for freedivers younger than 18) and dynamic apnea of 50 metres/165 feet (40 metres/130 feet for freedivers younger than 18).
• 5 hours for the Open water sessions to practice deeper free immersion and constant weight freedives, along with additional buddy procedures and rescue techniques. Goal - constant weight freedive of 20 meters/65 feet (15 metres/50 feet for freedivers younger than 18).
To enroll in a PADI Advanced Freediver course you must be at least 15 years old and have a PADI Freediver certification (or a qualifying certification from another freediver organization).
PADI e-learning Freediver Touch Course Manual. Your mask, snorkel ,fins, wetsuit and timing Device (Digital Watch or Freediving Computer) are highly recommended.